Red cabbage is packed full of nutrients. Did you know that 1/2 cup has the following vitamins and minerals!?
|Manganese, Mn||0.167 mg||7.26%|
|Iron, Fe||0.5 mg||6.25%|
|Copper, Cu||0.04 mg||4.44%|
|Potassium, K||196 mg||4.17%|
|Phosphorus, P||25 mg||3.57%|
|Calcium, Ca||32 mg||3.20%|
|Magnesium, Mg||13 mg||3.10%|
|Selenium, Se||1.7 µg||3.09%|
|Zinc, Zn||0.19 mg||1.73%|
|Sodium, Na||21 mg||1.40%|
|Vitamin K (phylloquinone)||35.7 µg||29.75%|
|Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid)||25.8 mg||28.67%|
|Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)||0.169 mg||13.00%|
|Vitamin B9 (Folate, Folic acid)||18 µg||4.50%|
|Vitamin B1 (Thiamin)||0.053 mg||4.42%|
|Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)||0.045 mg||3.46%|
|Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic acid)||0.116 mg||2.32%|
|Vitamin B3 (Niacin)||0.287 mg||1.79%|
|Vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol)||0.09 mg||0.60%|
|Beta Carotene||15 µg||N/D|
|Lutein + zeaxanthin||15 µg||N/D|
Here’s a great omelette power packed with nutrients, low in carbohydrates and in alignment with a ketogenic meal plan.
- 5 farm fresh eggs from pasture raised chickens, free of artificial hormones, antibiotics or pesticides
- 6 teaspoons organic ghee from pasture raised cows, free of artificial hormones, antibiotics or pesticides.
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon organic turmeric powder
- 4 cloves finely diced organic garlic
- 1 cup finely diced green cabbage
- 1 cup finely chopped organic spinach
- 4 ounces grated medium organic cheddar cheese from pasture grass fed cows free of artificial hormones, antibiotics or pesticides
Bring ghee to a low simmer in a frying pan. Add black pepper, salt, garlic, mustard seeds, turmeric, cabbage and spinach. Simmer on lowest heat 5 minutes. Pour whisked eggs over these ingredients and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes without stirring. Flip omelette and simmer 5 more minutes on medium heat. Sprinkle grated cheese and cilantro on top before done.
Nutritional information per serving
Stay tuned and subscribe to HealthierVibrations.wordpress.com for more healthy ideas and education.
Dr. Christie Smirl has over 25 years of medical experience. She completed a Doctorate of Ayurvedic Medicine from American University of Complimentary Medicine as well as Nurse Practitioner and Master of Science from Loma Linda University. Dr. Christie is also an E-RYT 500 Yoga Teacher Trainer YACEP, Reiki Master/Teacher, Tantric Energy Healer and Musician.
Follow Dr. Christie Smirl by connecting with her below, just click the connection icons.