When practicing a ketogenic ovolacto-vegetarian nutrition regimen, eggs are often a staple protein source for any meal of the day. This zucchini avocado scramble is a delicious satisfying meal for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- 2 farm fresh eggs from pasture raised organic chickens
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1/4 medium avocado
- 1 cup baby zucchini / yellow squash
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/16 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- Steam diced zucchini in a sauce pan with a steamer basket till slightly soft.
- In large skillet pan, melt ghee, add spices and simmer 1 minute on lowest heat.
- Add eggs on one half of the skillet. Lightly scramble eggs on medium heat till cooked.
Add steamed zucchini to the other half of skillet and heat in ghee and spices 1 minute.
- Serve hot on plate with avocado.
Nutrition Ketogenic and Ovolacto Vegetarian
- Calories 375
- Protein 17 grams
- Carbohydrates 15 grams
- Net carbohydrates 9 grams
- Fiber 6 grams
- Sugars 6 grams
- Fat 29 grams
Dr. Christie Smirl has over 25 years of medical experience. She completed a Doctorate of Ayurvedic Medicine from American University of Complimentary Medicine as well as Nurse Practitioner and Master of Science from Loma Linda University. Dr. Christie is also an E-RYT 500 Yoga Teacher Trainer YACEP, Reiki Master/Teacher, Tantric Energy Healer and Musician.
Follow Dr. Christie Smirl by connecting with her below, just click the connection icons.