When practicing a ketogenic ovolacto-vegetarian nutrition regimen, eggs are often a staple protein source for any meal of the day. This zucchini avocado scramble is a delicious satisfying meal for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- 2 farm fresh eggs from pasture raised organic chickens
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1/4 medium avocado
- 1 cup baby zucchini / yellow squash
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/16 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- Steam diced zucchini in a sauce pan with a steamer basket till slightly soft.
- In large skillet pan, melt ghee, add spices and simmer 1 minute on lowest heat.
- Add eggs on one half of the skillet. Lightly scramble eggs on medium heat till cooked.
Add steamed zuchinni to the other half of skillet zucchini and heat in ghee and spices 1 minute.
- Serve hot on plate with avocado.
Nutrition Ketogenic and Ovolacto Vegetarian
- Calories 375
- Protein 17 grams
- Carbohydrates 15 grams
- Net carbohydrates 9 grams
- Fiber 6 grams
- Sugars 6
- Fat 29 grams
Subscribe to Dr. Christie Smirl at HealthierVibrations.wordpress.com for more free healthy ideas and education.
Dr. Christie Smirl is a Doctorate of Ayurvedic Medicine from the American University of Complimentary Medicine, Nurse Practitioner from Loma Linda University, Master of Science, E-RYT Yoga Teacher, Yoga Teacher Trainer YACEP, Reiki Master/Teacher, Tantric Energy Healer and Musician. Visit Dr. Christie Smirl’s website HealthierVibrations.com, connect on social media at Dr. Christie Smirl Healthier Vibrations page on Facebook and subscribe to her education site on WordPress to get more free health articles.
#ketogenic #ovolactovegetarian #vegetarian
#healthyfats #lowcarb #foodasfuel #foodmedicine
#zucchini #avocado #scrambler