To maintain a successful ketogenic nutrition plan it is important to have easy, healthy, nutritious go to meals. This ketogenic vegetarian chocolate smoothie recipe is delicious and packed with power boosting and anti-aging ingredients such as matcha powder, MCT oil and cacao.
Here are a few things to know about matcha green tea powder.
- Packed with antioxidants including the powerful EGCg
- Boosts metabolism and burns calories
- Detoxifies effectively and naturally
- Calms the mind and relaxes the body
- Is rich in fiber, chlorophyll and vitamins
- Enhances mood and aids in concentration
- Provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
- Prevents disease
- Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
Now how about that MCT oil?
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Reduce stored body fat
- Have more energy
- Think more clearly
- Experience better digestion
- Balance hormone levels
- Improve your mood
- Fight bacterial infection and viruses
- Absorb fat-soluble nutrients from various foods
Here’s some incredible facts about cacao.
- Cacao contains 40 times the antioxidants of blueberries.
- Cacao is the highest plant-based source of iron.
- It is full of magnesium for a healthy heart and brain.
- It has more calcium than cow milk.
- Cacao is a natural mood elevator and anti-depressant.
- 1 cup Simple Truth Almondmilk (unsweetened)
- 1 scoop Vegan Protein Chocolate Powder (Sprouts brand)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 1 teaspoon MCT oil
- 1 teaspoon raw organic cacao powder
Blend all ingredients in blender and go!
Total calories 240
Visit HealthierVibrations.com for more healthy living education, online classes and certifications.
Dr. Christie Smirl has over 25 years of medical experience. She completed a Doctorate of Ayurvedic Medicine from American University of Complimentary Medicine as well as Nurse Practitioner and Master of Science from Loma Linda University. Dr. Christie is also an E-RYT 500 Yoga Teacher Trainer YACEP, Reiki Master/Teacher, Tantric Energy Healer and Musician.