This is a delicious soup that is filling, satisfying, high in protein, low sodium and easy to digest.
- 1.5 cup rinsed organic red lentils
- 3 cups diced organic green beans
- 4 cup cubed unpeeled organic sweet potatoes
- 2 cups cubed pears
- 1 can organic coconut milk
- 3 Tablespoons Ghee
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Hingvashtak powder
- Boil the lentils in 3 cups water for 30 minutes on a medium heat.
- Steam the sweet potatoes 20 minutes or till tender.
- Steam the pears 10 minutes (just add with sweet potatoes during last 10 minutes of steaming).
- Steam the green beans 15 minutes (keep these separate).
- Saute the ghee, curry powder, black pepper, salt, mustard seeds and cinnamon with 2 tablespoons water in a small pan.
- Place all sauted spices, coconut milk, boiled lentils, steamed sweet potatoes and pears into a large pot with 2 cups water. Puree these ingredients till smooth. Stir in the diced green beans.
- Serve hot and sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon Hingvashtak each serving.
Make 6 servings
Excellent for Vata 💨 Pitta 🔥
May be slightly Kapha 💦 provoking so I would recommend serving on top of or with a side of salad greens.
For more information about Ayurveda, Healthy Living, Yoga, Meditation or Reiki visit HealthierVibrations.com
Dr. Christie Smirl has over 25 years of medical experience. She completed a Doctorate of Ayurvedic Medicine from American University of Complimentary Medicine as well as Nurse Practitioner and Master of Science from Loma Linda University. Dr. Christie is also an E-RYT 500 Yoga Teacher Trainer YACEP, Reiki Master/Teacher, Tantric Energy Healer and Musician.