I’m always looking for delicious quick recipes that are fresh, high protein, vegetarian and packed with nutrients. This recipe came out great, was family approved, ketogenic approved and Ayurveda approved.
- 1/2 package diced extra firm organic non-GMO tofu
- 3 cups thinly sliced Brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons MCT coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 4 thinly sliced green onions
- 8 Greek olives
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 of a juiced lemon
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup pickled cauliflower
Stir fry the sesame seeds, green onions, Brussels sprouts in the MCT oil, water, salt and pepper on a medium-high heat till lightly browned. Add the tofu, olives and lemon juice and continue to stir fry on a lower heat 2 minutes. Serve up fresh and hot.
Nutrition Facts per serving
- Calories 445
- Protein 17 grams
- Fiber 10 grams
- Carbohydrates 22 grams
- Fiber 10 grams
- Sugars 4.5 grams
- Fat 38 grams (no trans-fats, 0.5 poly-saturated fats, 4 mono-saturated fats)
- Calcium 41% of daily recommendation
- Vitamin A 22.3% of daily recommendation
- Iron 20% of daily recommendation
- Vitamin C 205% of daily recommendation
This recipe would be excellent for a vata, pitta or active kapha constitution. Although I normally restrict Brussels sprouts with any vata aggravation, this recipe is very rich in healthy fats which will act as a counterbalance. People with any aama or kapha accumulation should avoid this recipe for a few reasons. First of all oil and soy products are known to increase kapha therefore can also increase aama, especially if the digestive agni is weak. However that being said, if a person with a kapha constitution is aama free, exercising regularly, keeping regulated daily calories or is on a ketogenic food plan, this would be excellent meal selection.
Visit HealthierVibrations.com for more healthy living education, online classes and certifications.
Dr. Christie Smirl has over 25 years of medical experience. She completed a Doctorate of Ayurvedic Medicine from American University of Complimentary Medicine as well as Nurse Practitioner and Master of Science from Loma Linda University. Dr. Christie is also an E-RYT 500 Yoga Teacher Trainer YACEP, Reiki Master/Teacher, Tantric Energy Healer and Musician.