Daily self care rituals can make or break your health, happiness and Self evolution. We discuss Ayurvedic and yogic self care routines for optimal wellness in the 50 hour, 200 hour and 300 hour Ayurvedic Yoga Awakening programs. Here is a short classroom excerpt. To learn more and enroll today, go to HealthierVibrations.com.
The formal health care routine called dinacharya has been an Ayurvedic recommendation for thousands of years. Dinacharya can be understood through the root of the word dina meaning sun flow, and charya meaning practice. Dinacharya is a step by step self care ritual that cleanses and strengthens the five sense organs and more. Dinacharya also enhances the quality of life through lifestyle guidelines. Ayurveda emphasizes the importance of proper care of the sense organs considering our perception of smell, sight, taste, touch and hearing determine how we interact with the world around us. Dinacharya not only preserves and detoxifies our sense organs, but also prevents disease, sets our body cycles into harmony and increases pranic life force. Here are several procedures for ideal health habits. Protocols vary according to the individuals’ prakruti (Ayurvedic constitution) and vikruti (current doshic balance).
- Proper waking and sleep times
- Set daily intentions upon awakening.
- Eliminate urine and feces without artificial stimulation upon awakening.
- Wash face and hands
- Apply Ayurvedic face care powders or paste according to your skin type.
- Brush teeth with appropriate recommended Ayurvedic herbs according to the condition of your teeth and gums.
- Oil pulling with oil appropriate to vikruti, prakruti or oral condition.
- Ayurvedic mouth filling with a decoction of medicaments based on Ayurvedic guidelines.
- Tongue scraping
- Ayurvedic recommended eye care
- Ayurvedic recommended ear care
- Ayurvedic recommended nose care
- Ayurvedic self massage
- Shatkarmas (yogic cleansing methods)
These are only a portion of Ayurvedic dinacharya ritual self care guidelines. These personal care rituals and many more Ayurvedic lifestyles allow us to feel the more invigorated, clear and alive.
Learn more in the 50 hour, 200 hour and 300 hour Ayurvedic Yoga Awakening programs. Do it just for yourself or become a certified teacher.
Christie Smirl has over 28 years of medical experience. She completed a Doctorate of Ayurvedic Medicine from American University of Complimentary Medicine as well as Nurse Practitioner and Master of Science from Loma Linda University. Christie is also an E-RYT 500 Yoga Teacher Trainer YACEP, Reiki Master/Teacher, Tantric Energy Healer and Musician.