Organ Cleansing Swarasa
Do you ever wonder what to do with those big bundles of greens that are chopped off your carrot and beat tops? Don’t trow them out! They can be turned into a life elixir in a cup.
Carrot and beet top greens are topped out in nutrients!
- Carrot and beet greens have 6 times more vitamin c than the root itself, boosting ojas – the immune system and ensures healthy glowing skin.
- Rich in chlorophyll the greens act as powerful phytonutrients to prevent the growth and malignancies.
- Chlorophyll detoxifies the kidneys and acts as a mild diuretic, stimulating the flow of urine while detoxifying.
- The greens ensure good heart health with high potassium to regulate blood pressure.
- Rich in antioxidants, carrot greens protect the heart and body from free radical damage.
- These often discarded treasures enhance bone health with their high content of magnesium in chlorophyll that tone and relax the muscles and increase bone density with Vitamin K. However, a word of caution, if you take a blood thinner such as Coumadin (warfarin), too much vitamin K can raise your PTT, further thinning your blood and creating a risk for bleeding. Always have your family doctor’s pre-approval with laboratory testing before consuming large amounts of greens if you take blood thinners.
Did you know these things about beets?
- Beets were used by the ancient Romans as an aphrodisiac. Beets contain high amounts of boron, which is directly related to the production of human sex hormones.
- Beets help your mental health since they containing betaine, the same substance that is used in certain treatments of depression. It also contains trytophan, which relaxes the mind and creates a sense of well-being, similar to chocolate.
- Beets cleanse the body and are a wonderful tonic for the liver, purifying the blood.
- Beets are a high source of energy, but at the same time they are low in calories and high in sugar. With their high volume of nutrients, delicious taste, and multitude of uses, you cant beet a beet.
- Beet greens are rich in potassium, magnesium, fiber, phosphorus, iron, vitamins A, B & C, beta-carotene, beta-cyanine and folic acid.
Now many clients ask me if it is best to blend these in a blender or juice them in a juicer. Charaka Samhita, a founding author of Ayurveda differentiates five basic Ayurvedic forms of medicament formulations, one of which is swarasa or juice extract. When the greens and roots are juiced the condensed liquid nutrients are quickly absorbed and utilized. However when the contents are blended, you get a higher concentration of fiber. This high level of fiber is excellent for you, but a stronger digestive process must occur. For individuals with a weak digestive system, a swarasa can deliver the needed vitamins and minerals quicker.
Go ahead and try juicing today. There are dozen of juicers available on the market today that range $50 – $250 anywhere such as Wallmart, Target or online even.
BEET AND CARROT GREEN ORGAN DETOX SWARASA
1 cup organic beets with the green leafy tops
1 cup organic carrots with the green leafy tops
Scrub them up real good, making sure there is no dirt where the greens and root meet.
Note: I always use organic for any kind of root such as carrot, beet or potato. When crops are sprayed with toxic pesticides and herbacides during growth and harvesting, not only is it on the leaves, but the root in the ground absorbs the excess like a sponge. So ALWAYS opt for organic root foods.
Drink fresh immediately. Even though it takes a bit of work to clean a juicer daily and many people want to make large batches in advance, I always advocate drinking it fresh when the nutrient content is a it’s highest.
To follow Dr. Christie’s blog subscribe by clicking HERE
Visit her website Healthier Vibrations.com for more information on Ayurveda, holistic health, nutrition, yoga, meditation and conscious music.
#RaisingTheVibrations #HealthierVibrations #DrChristieSmirl #Detoxify #Swarasa #Juicing #ChakraSamhita