The pineal glad is referred to as the “Master Gland” that controls all other endocrine glands along with the hypothalamus. Let’s first see a list of the hormones controlled by the pituitary gland controls so we can fully grasp why to do a pineal cleanse.
- Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone (TSH): stimulates the thyroid gland to release thyroid hormones.
- Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH) and Luteinizing hormone (LH): stimulate the gonads (testicles and ovaries) for reproduction.
- Prolactin (PL) stimulates milk production.
- Adrenocorticotropic (ACTH) stimulates the release of adrenal cortical hormones by the adrenal glands.
- Melanocyte-Stimulating Hormone (MSH) a group of peptide hormones that are anti-inflammatory and effects melanin to protect our cells from DNA damage from sunlight.
- Human Growth Hormone (HGH/somatotropin) stimulates growth of the body and helps regulate metabolic processes. People feel younger and the body heals much faster when there is enough growth hormone. The most important function of HGH is to tell the liver toproduce IGF-1, or insulin-like growth factor 1. IGF-1 is considered by many to be the key anti-aging hormone. Together these two hormones influence every system in your body.
- Oxytocin (OXT) is known as the “love hormone” or “bonding hormone” that increases a sense of well being during physical contact. Higher levels of oxytocin increase the ability to endure pain, relieves stress, alleviated depression and reduces the effects of stress. During childbirth this hormone increases the strength of uterine contractions and stimulates the ejection of milk after delivery.
- Antidiuretic Hormone (ADH, vasopressin, angiopressin) is responsible for water concentration and blood vessel constriction and regulation of blood volume and blood pressure.
To optimize the functioning of the pituitary gland, first eliminate as much of the following: sugar, caffeine, alcohol, fluorinated water, fluoride toothpaste, stress, cooking with aluminum foil or pots, application of aluminum containing deodorants.
Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, specifically: beets and greens such as kale, cilantro, spirulina and parsley.
Try this excellent smoothie to detox pineal gland.
- 1/2 cup beet
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1 teaspoon spirulina
- 1/2 inch raw ginger root
- 1 cup apple or berries
- 2 cups water
Blend all the ingredients well in a blender. Drink room temperature as a full meal exchange for 2 weeks.
Always consult your family doctor before starting any new detoxification process.
For more information about Holistic Integrative Health visit Dr. Christie Smirl at HealthierVibrations.com